Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My First Ritual

I just finished my first hour of Sabbath as part of the Discernment Team. I followed the ritual without worrying about any particular order except what felt right. As soon as I set the timer for one hour and sat down to light the candle I was nearly moved to tears. Why? I am not sure. Maybe because of all the build up to this sacred time. Heck, I had to fly to Regina to prepare! Maybe because I felt united to 13 other people across Canada. Maybe because this is the kind of intentional time with God I have been craving for years in my life and ministry.

I read all the scripture passages that the team has been reflecting on . I enjoyed just reading those stories without the pressure of gleaning a program or lesson from them. They seemed to speak to me more clearly this way.

On the blog, a team member wrote "What am I longing for?" This is precisely the question that emerged from my soul while at Taize a few weeks ago. I wrote this question out in my journal in big sprawling letters. It came from a place of deep frustration with myself, with life and with God.

I have demanded the Holy Spirit help answer this questions for me. Luke 11:13 gives me hope that God will provide me with an answer.

Rick Gunn

6 comments:

Bleedsdaylight said...

Rick, I appreciated reading about your experience so much! It ties in a lot with what other people have written about the struggle to get this process started, and how very counter-cultural it is to carve out this time that we are working at creating. I have yet to do my first ritual as well, and I plan on it happening within the next week and I might just do it in an empty room at the office, but I'm grateful for your words, thanks.

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for that singular model. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are around 200 dollars on every site. But for all I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi friends. I'm really into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that singular brand. The prices due to the fact that the boots are about 330 dollars on every page. But definitively I found this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that meticulous model. The prices seeking the boots are around 310 dollars on every site. But for all I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hello ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that particular make. The prices due to the fact that the boots are around 310 pounds everwhere. But for all I found this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what can you tell me about these?